Monday, April 19, 2010

I'S A MAJOR!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

THE BLUE AND THE GRAY CLUSTER
I should have known!


HARRISBURG KENNEL CLUB.




Rupert had been knocking at the door, three straight RWD in Edison, but no points.  You think it's never going to happen, and then...IT DOES!
Here he is in the AmBred class, Mrs.Jacqueline M. Rayner checks him out,



Colleen does her usual wonderful job with him,



and he takes the class.



Open class, it's Argon's turn, he does a geat job, looks wonderful, but the Open class is a lot tougher...



and he does not advance.



Back in the ring for Winners,



here is Colleen with Rupert and Pam with Kelview's Herzig Dax v Triadel, who had won the puppy class.



The judge checking Rupert's gait



more Staking, and nail biting (on my part)...



...and the 3 POINT MAJOR IS HIS!   Dax also does very well winning RWD, Not bad for a 9 to 12 puppy!



Back in the ring for BOB, and who takes him in?...Edwin!



Although, when Colleen first approached Edwin asking him if he wanted to take Rupert in, I felt like finding a rock to hide under, I loosened up, and had fun watching him struggle to do his best "handler imitation".  He had fun, and I think finally got the "I want to show" Rupert" out of his system!
All of Colleens dogs got something, Stella went RWB and Gemmi BOS, Way to go Colleen!




The official picture is forthcoming, this is my snapshot, and I'm really proud of the way Rupert looks, I can't believe how he is transformed when he's in Colleen's hands!  The Harrisburg Club surprised us with a beautiful rosette for WD, quite nice!


No comments: